Disaster Victims Affected by Hurricane Ian, You Are Eligible!
About Disaster Relief Mortgage
This program is designed to assist disaster victims whose previous residence was destroyed or damaged to the extent the replacement caused by Hurricane Ian. During the process of buying your new home, we will exclude the mortgage payment on the destroyed residence so it will not be counted toward your liabilities.
In order to be eligible, you must obtain and proceed with the following information:
- Provide communication details with your current servicing Mortgagee to appropriately address your mortgage obligations
- Apply any property insurance proceeds to the mortgage of the damaged house
- Single Family/PUD/Condo Only
- Maximum Loan Amount of $420,680
- Minimum Credit Score of 580
- Must have been the owner or renter of the property
You must provide conclusive evidence that your previous residence was located in a disaster area and was destroyed or damaged to such an extent that replacement is necessary. Documentation showing a permanent residence in the affected area before the disaster includes:
- valid driver’s license
- a voter registration card
- utility bills, etc.
Documentation regarding destruction of the residence may include:
- an insurance report
- an inspection report by an independent fee inspector or government agency
- conclusive photographic evidence showing the destruction or damage
Lastly, your application for mortgage insurance must be submitted to the lender within one year of the President’s declaration of the disaster.